Tuesday 24 May 2011

How to be handsome


I love fried rice, I can't explain why, it could be how diverse the ingredients were served in different cafe or how nice it smell every time it's newly served.. I don't know,  I just love it. 

According to my girlfriend, fried rice is the hardest dishes to learn among simple cooking. I remember she said, for fried rice, the smell will be better with overnight rice, and the amount of salt and ingredient have to be balance, the timing and fire control takes time to learn to do it right..   Too much of something or too little it won’t taste good.


It's all about control, just like with people. Too much confidence and I appear cocky and egoistic, too humble and I appear below mediocre, undeserving of attention.


I have to admit I was horrible with people. I didn't know the basic unwritten rules of the social behavior, I would trip and fall and became an odd ball in social settings. I was always the computer gaming guy who talks about games only. Lucky for me, in this era, it seems there are all kind of schools for all kind of skills. There are lock picking schools for those crazy about security and locks. There are professional  product and services on serious computer gaming and there are charm school, for the social retards like me. Went to charm school, I did.

Life was never the same again after charm school. I learn how to present myself in a stylish and suave manner. I walk in an air of confidence, and connecting with people seem effortless. Suddenly people appear much more interesting, and I play less on computer games. On the surface, the African entrepeuner, the chinese young, good looking CFO, the starbucks girl, the hardworking christian teenager have no common, yet deep down, everyone is the same. In the sense that, everyone, have their unique strength and problems, it's up to me to find out their traits instead of the one they are showing me on surface level. After sometime people seem to ask me "how do you get so good with girls?" I don't know, to me is just treating them the same as everyone.

It wasn't smooth sailing after charm school. I have to get used to new rules in life. It was a bumpy ride until one of my good friend, Allen, he asked me how to be successful in his social life. Along the way in life, I privately coach a few friends on what I've learned. Learning is one thing, teaching is another. I later realize not everyone need charm school lessons,the few who need it, it's up to them how far they are willing to go. I then got a vision, I want to become Hitch, the date doctor, the dating instructor.

There is so much joy to see a person working hard to transform his life into something he always wanted, to unfold his potential and becoming his best. Like a cocoon breaking out evolving into a butterfly, it's a very beautiful moment. Learning things in charm school, is definitely more than learning what to say or how to perform in a date. That is actually easy part, what's harder is the perspective of the client, his limiting beliefs that hinder him from getting more in life. I want to be able to help! That is my dream.

With a little bit of confidence, I now know that I could become anything I want. And I'll like to give this gift to the world.


My image transformation slide show. click on + on bottom right to increase slide speed.
Mouse over slideshow  for caption.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment