Saturday 28 May 2011

My Interests & Dreams & Aspirations

Interests
        There is hardly anyone in the world who can resist  CHOCOLATE temptation. The bitter sweet taste along with its creamy texture make chocolate one of the much loved and much craved food.  Chocolate is my favourite food. Indeed,  chocolate is always the most effective “medicine” for healing my emotions and moods sickness. Whenever I feel happy, upset or stress I will give myself a chocolate treat.  In other words, chocolate acts as a mood regulator as it helps to change my negative emotions to a feeling of inner harmony.  This magical “side-effect” had made me become so interested in it. Hence, my interest in chocolate has led to a vast collection of yummy chocolates and lots of information. Not all chocolates are created equally. Each type of chocolate has different taste and health benefit. In fact, I like rich dark chocolate the most due to the fact that it has more health benefits and its significant taste. The mixture of bitter sweet taste of dark chocolate is so delighted to satisfy my sensory taste. Our life is so much like the taste of dark chocolate which has mixture of bitter and sweet moments. Indeed, everyone will definitely experience some ups and downs throughout their life. Dark chocolate is a great symbol that reflect our roller-coaster life perfectly.

          Moreover, I am a person who has high level of curiosity. I am interested in finding out why people do, say and behave in particular way in certain situations. In other words, I like to analyse and understand the behavior and thoughts of a person. By understanding people and their behaviors, it helps me to understand the inner most of a person more. For instance, whenever I am free or waiting for someone at a public place, I like to observe others the way they behave and react, their facial expressions and their gestures. Hence, that is the reason why I chose to take Psychology course. I found it is very interesting as psychology is the study of human behavior and mind; Indeed, behavior and expressions of people are the most natural non-verbal signal which reflect a person’s personality and character.
Dreams

        My passion in chocolate has led me to have a dream - Chocolate countries travel. Chocolate is popular worldwide and in different countries it comes in different forms and styles. Thus, in order to have personal experience with different taste of chocolate for each country I wish to visit to different countries such as Belgium, Switzerland, France, Germany and other countries. Belgium and Switzerland Chocolate are the most famous worldwide. If I have the opportunity to travel to Belgium and Switzerland, I definitely will visit to some excellent chocolatiers to get to know well the procedures for making chocolates, the history of chocolate and have a personal experience in making hand-made chocolate.

In  the meantime of chocolate countries travel, I get opportunities to explore each country to absorb the culture and meet the people who live in such an interesting place. By  meeting  different people around the world can give me a much better understanding of how the rest of the world is doing and give me a new perspective of life. Therefore,  travelling around the world is always my dream because it not only gives me the opportunity to explore the different kind of people and their behaviors, but also the chance to taste different kind of handmade chocolate.

Aspirations
what's inside the child mind?

In today era, the world has become more complex and complicated to deal with. The human mind has never been challenged as before. Everyday simple problems needed more and more complex solutions which has become a burden to the human mental capacity to deal with. Today, not only physical health is a concern but mental health has also been found to be a priority. From the very young up to the very old are found wanting of much needed help for a very invisible and pressing problem but nevertheless a very real and present danger. Although psychology has many applications in dealing with the human mind however what I concern the most is knowing and understanding young minds as in young children to assisting them in dealing with the stresses they face daily. Young children nowadays have neither the maturity nor the experience to deal with the demand of “today” growing-up. Failing to deal properly with this problem may have detrimental consequences to the child and inevitably the society at large at a later stage.


child psychology not only the study of child
but also the investigation of you and me,
and how wehave to be this way
Young minds are like doe, which is very impressionable and susceptible to its surroundings. Proper guidance to both child and parents is very crucial in developing a relationship that mould and binds what is to become in the future. This basic unit of a very complex matrix called the human race can see the rise and fall of a family, race, society or a nation. Having said that, it is my aspiration not only works with young children but to do research on their behavioral patterns and tendencies. I believed that with the knowledge and skill that I will acquire while under-going this course would prepare me to undertake a very promising child psychologist towards the making of a better future for the children.


Written by
Kai Yin 
27th May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment